Thursday 2 July 2020

New Project - Meet Freddie the Frog

My parents came to visit us a couple of weeks ago and brought with them a metal frog for my daughter that used to belong to my grandmother.   Chloe took an instant shine to him and named him Freddie.   They became inseparable for the rest of the day until she decided that he belonged out in the garden to look after the tadpoles in our pond!

The next morning she drew this lovely picture of him:



Then my Dad saw my previous blog post links on Facebook and asked me to transform the picture into textile for Mum.   To be brutally honest I was a bit stumped when I started the project - the picture is very bitty (apparently it is some money styled on a South African Rand note that she uses to play shops) and it felt like there should be something in the background to link it all together.   I thought I was going to have to experiment with painting or drawing in a pond-like background until I had a little search through my fabric stash and found some amazing vintage fabric that looked a bit like big blue lily pads!  



Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to look at my work, let me know what you think in the comments below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment