Tuesday 18 October 2011

A new lease of life….

I’ve done something a little different this month and it’s proving to be rather inspirational.  

A couple of weeks ago I logged onto Ravelry for the first time in ages and I had a couple of emails.   One of them was asking if I would be interested in joining a “swap”.   For those that don’t know a swap is pretty much what it says – you are assigned a partner and then you send them a little package of crafty and/or handmade items up to a certain value and in return you receive a package back from them.   I had read about swaps before but not really taken much notice but for some reason this really caught my attention and so I decided to be brave and have a go.

And I am very glad I did!   The theme of the swap is "Happy Halloween / Amazing Autumn” and I can’t believe how inspirational it has been.   I am making things that I would not necessarily have thought about making if it weren’t for this “brief” and it is really sparking my imagination for future makes.   I am using different mediums and techniques from my usual work which is stretching my skills and encouraging me not to give up on my dreams of being a full-time crafter.   One of my shortcomings is that I get excited about things very easily but then loose interest just as easily when they don’t work out or start getting too repetitive.  Maybe I need to start setting myself briefs or themes each month to stretch my ideas and keep designing/ creating different items?  (any ideas very welcome!)  

I would love to post photos but that would spoil the surprise if my swap partner were to see this post but as soon as I know it’s been received I will share some pictures.   So, to conclude, I would just like to say a big “THANK YOU” to Jordan (inittoknitit94) for enticing me to get involved.    I will definitely sign up for more swaps in the future and encourage everyone to hunt one out as I have had a lot of fun putting my little package together – I can’t wait to see what I get in return.  J

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome! It is always lovely to have new members :0D I am soo excited to see my parcel, thanks!!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete